08 November 2006

The Birthday Girl

I can hardly believe that Cora is one! The year certainly has gone by very quickly and not without a lot of excitement and joy. We kept things fairly quiet for her birthday but tried to make the day special. The best way to tell you about the day is to show you some pictures.

We started out the morning well, calmly eating our breakfast. However, things soon took a turn towards the crazy side.
One second she would be happy.... and the next she would be crying. It must be hard turning one. Later in the day, I made her birthday cake and let her lick the spatula. I think she liked it! It was supposed to be a pink flower but turned out more like a volcanic science fair project gone bad. Oh well. Cora seems to really like pizza (is she her daddy's daughter or what!) so I made homemade pizza for her birthday dinner. You will notice that her sleeves are pushed up and she has a large bib on. Those tomato stains can be serious business! She really seemed to like the cake (despite its volcano-esc appearance). However, she didn't really get the concept of blowing out the candles...she just kept trying to touch them!
She seemed to get the hang of opening gifts after I showed her what to do. The envelopes and paper were the most intriguing. If nothing else, it was good practice for Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't decide which picture I like best - the one where Cora is smiling or the one where she is crying. I think I'll start by putting the crying one as my wallpaper and switch, depending on my mood.

Kara said...

What adorable pictures!!! I like the volcanoish pink cake. It is an original!

Happy Belated 1st Birthday to a very precious little one!