Unbelievably, this is the ONLY picture I have of all of my celebrations. The evening of my birthday, Brian and I went to Gianfabio's Italian Restaurant for dinner. For those of you that were in our wedding party, you will remember that this is where we had our rehearsal dinner. Everything we had was fabulous. In addition to a great dinner, Brian let me know that when my sister Kendra was visiting a few weeks later, she would be watching the girls while we had a night away!
We had our night away the first weekend in September. We stayed at a Drury Inn just a few miles away and had a great time! We had a delicious dinner at Joe's Crab Shack and relaxed for the rest of the evening. We were going to see a movie Saturday morning but there wasn't anything we really wanted to see. So, we went shopping instead. It was really nice to meander through the mall without 2 kids to keep track of! We stopped at the Wine and Cheese Place on the way home to see if they had a few things Brian was looking for. Little did I know that he was stalling!
In addition to offering to watch the girls overnight, my sister Kendra planned a surprise party for me! I was so surprised when I walked into my kitchen and saw so many wonderful friends there wishing me a Happy Birthday. My mom even drove down the night before as a surprise!
In addition to my mom, I was blessed to see some friends I hadn't seen in a long time like Kathy Kirk, Lisa Winchell and Steven Ottolini, and Bridget Herroon. And of course, some of my friends I see a bit more frequently were there as well such as Gloria, Nicole and Nimita from work and Dana and Valarie. There was a wonderful spread of food (at which point I really wished I hadn't eaten the Nestle Cookies at the mall!) and I had a great time visiting with everyone. There were quite a few people that were invited that were unable to come to the party and I continued to get birthday wishes from them over the next week.
All in all, it was a fabulous celebration of turning the big 3-0!
No comments:
Post a Comment