Cora and Daddy. She looks pretty peppy for being up in the middle of the night with a fever doesn't she?
When she got up this morning, she was a bit less energetic than normal but otherwise seemed fine. This illusion was dispelled when she fell asleep in my bed from 8:30 to 9:30. After she woke up, she asked for something to eat but before I could get her anything, she threw up all the water she had been drinking that morning. The plans for visiting friends and running errands vanished before my eyes. After that, we made a make-shift bed on the couch and started a TV marathon. We watched lots of Veggie Tales (including "God, I'm Scary") and Super Why. Around 12:30, she said she wanted to lay down and went right to her room, lay down in her "play bed" and slept for two hours. For those of you that have seen Cora around nap time know that this is highly unusual behavior. After she got up, we continued the TV marathon until dinner time. I was a little worried about giving her dinner since she had just thrown up again but she looked so pitiful standing there saying "Mommy, I'm hungry." I let her have some Saltines and watermelon. After that, she really perked up even wanted to play a little bit. Thankfully, after a bath and some mommy time, she went to sleep without any more GI issues. The really nice thing was that I wasn't trying to juggle work and a sick child at the same time. I had time to spray Lysol on everything that I thought Cora had touched in the past 24 hours and did 5 loads of laundry to get all of the linens and towels clean.
I also tried out the Smile Shutter feature on Disa as she was eating dinner. Amazingly, it works. The problem was that many times Disa wasn't looking at the camera when she smiled. When you use the Smile Shutter, it takes up to six pictures before you have to push the shutter again. This is the result from my test run with Disa.
When she got up this morning, she was a bit less energetic than normal but otherwise seemed fine. This illusion was dispelled when she fell asleep in my bed from 8:30 to 9:30. After she woke up, she asked for something to eat but before I could get her anything, she threw up all the water she had been drinking that morning. The plans for visiting friends and running errands vanished before my eyes. After that, we made a make-shift bed on the couch and started a TV marathon. We watched lots of Veggie Tales (including "God, I'm Scary") and Super Why. Around 12:30, she said she wanted to lay down and went right to her room, lay down in her "play bed" and slept for two hours. For those of you that have seen Cora around nap time know that this is highly unusual behavior. After she got up, we continued the TV marathon until dinner time. I was a little worried about giving her dinner since she had just thrown up again but she looked so pitiful standing there saying "Mommy, I'm hungry." I let her have some Saltines and watermelon. After that, she really perked up even wanted to play a little bit. Thankfully, after a bath and some mommy time, she went to sleep without any more GI issues. The really nice thing was that I wasn't trying to juggle work and a sick child at the same time. I had time to spray Lysol on everything that I thought Cora had touched in the past 24 hours and did 5 loads of laundry to get all of the linens and towels clean.
I also tried out the Smile Shutter feature on Disa as she was eating dinner. Amazingly, it works. The problem was that many times Disa wasn't looking at the camera when she smiled. When you use the Smile Shutter, it takes up to six pictures before you have to push the shutter again. This is the result from my test run with Disa.
Smiling while looking at Valarie.
Disa smiling at me....with peas all over her face!
Looking at Valarie again.
Back to smiling at mommy. And you can see her cute bottom teeth!
Not the best one but still cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment