14 July 2008

Sunday, July 13th - Day of REST (Running Errands So we can Travel)

Since Cora was sick on Saturday, that pretty much ruled out going out to church. However, Cora was feeling better and after being in the house for 2 straight days, we were all ready to break free! We started with an oil change for the van since it was due and we would be putting a lot of miles on it with our upcoming trip to Chicago, then Cincinnati and then back home.


After that, we went by the grocery store. Since I had used the last of the milk for Cora's cereal that morning, we were at a ultimate super-duper grocery emergency level. We stocked up and headed home for lunch.
After a quick lunch, the girls went down for a nap. I took care of a few things and then a few more things and then decided to take a nap myself. Just as it always happens, I laid down and both of the girls were awake just a few minutes later. Rather than trying to salvage the nap, I decided to take advantage of the time and run to Wal Mart for a few more necessities for the house and the trip.
On the way to the store, I was THRILLED to notice that a new Jimmie Johns was open not too far from our house. I love their subs and decided that we would have to stop on the way home from the store to pick up some dinner. When we stopped, I also discovered that our house is in their delivery area!!! Simply fantastic. If you've never had Jimmy John's, you really must try it sometime.







After our delicious dinner, Brian and I escaped for another movie night (2 in one week, it must be a record)! We saw Hellboy II. Probably not my first pick but it was entertaining and there were lots of beautiful costumes and scenery. All in all, a great day. :)


No comments: