09 July 2008

Tuesday, July 8th -Friends, Fans, Funnies and Film

We started the day by visiting with our friend Sarah Watson. She recently got engaged (to Josiah Wetzel...part of the Wetzel family that was over for the 4th of July) and so we had a good time chatting about the engagement and wedding plans.



This is a picture of Sarah Watson. However, this Sarah Watson is Ms. Vermont. My friend Sarah Watson, is NOT Ms. Vermont.



After lunch, the quest for dust annihilation continued. The target of attack for today was my bedroom. The worst was the ceiling fan. Since I don't have working camera, I will describe what I saw as I travelled up to the vast emptiness of my room near the ceiling. The dust had covered the top of the fan blades and then started creeping down the sides. The dust was pretty thick on the sides and I hypothesis that the dust goes no further for fear that it will be discovered and eliminated. Thankfully, my new-ish Dyson was up to the task and my room (including ceiling fan) was a much less dusty place in no time. As you read this, I imagine you fall into one of three camps:


#1: "You dusted your ceiling fan? My ceiling fan has been on continuously for the x years since I moved into this place. Surely a moving object has not been able to collect any dust."(If you wish to stay in this place of happy denial, do not turn your ceiling fan off.)


#2: "Sista, I know exactly what you be talkin' 'bout."
(Enough said.)


#3: "I can NOT believe that you let your ceiling fan get to the point of dustiness where it has collected on the sides of the fan blades! Don't you know that cleanliness is next to godliness??"(Yes, I have heard that. I imagine that when I reach heaven in my glorified state, my heavenly body will be able to keep those ceiling fan blades spotless. Actually, I don't think there will be dust in heaven......but I'm open to debate on that particular point.)


The quest for dust annihilation will continue tomorrow as we seek to tackle the rest of the bedrooms upstairs. As I was pondering this great quest, I realized that we have SIX ceiling fans (three clean, three still living in their dusty haze) in this house. Just typing that number seems excessive. But we use them all so I guess they can stay. :)

Just in case you forgot, this is what a ceiling fan looks like. I am happy to report that currently, none of our ceiling fans are Batman ceiling fans like the one shown here. :)


At dinner, Cora was being Cora but ramped up a few notches. She started singing nonsense (but very cute) songs and then started asking "questions". She would say "Here's my question..." but would follow it up with a statement of fact rather than a question. After that, she started talking about Veggie Tales. Her favorite movie currently is "Where's God When I'm Scared". However, when she talks about it, many times she does some creative abbreviating that has some funny results. At dinner, she referred to the movie as "God, I'm Scary". I'm laughing even now as I type this. She wrapped things up with singing again. But before she would start singing, she would point at each of us (Brian, Valarie, Disa and me) and say "You laugh and you laugh and you laugh and you laugh". It was so funny to hear her request that we laugh at her singing that we couldn't help but laugh. The joys of a 2 and a half year old far outweigh the challenges (and trust me, there are plenty).

Picture of the "Where's God when I'm Scared" Veggie Tales movie. I'm working on getting Cora to say a line from the movie. When I say "What are you going to do???!!!", she says "I'm going to call the police!"


Finally, Brian and I escaped to the movie theatre after the girls went to bed. NO, we did not leave them home alone. Valarie was kind enough to keep the baby monitor in her room to make sure everything was ok while the girls slept in peaceful bliss. We decided to see Hancock. I loved being on a date with my husband and enjoyed the movie quite a bit. If you want more of a review than than, ask Brian. You know he will analyze it 20 different ways for you. ;)

Hancock movie poster (not that I would have taken a picture of the movie...although maybe of Brian and I sitting in the MegaScreen theater.)

2 comments:

Kendra said...

let me just say that i'm cracking up at the moment and i can't wait to see the girls :)

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious. I must say this is my favorite post so far. Also, I am #2 on the dust issue. Can't wait to see you!!! I am still laughing as I type this. I am picturing Cora talking about the movie. "God, I'm scary". So funny!! Love you!!