26 July 2008

Friday, July 25th - A LONG Road Trip

Today we left Chicago after being there for 8 days and headed to Cincinnati for the Tiemeier family reunion. Unfortunately, it was a VERY long trip (I think 9 hours total). Getting out of Chicago was a bit rough and took about 2 hours. After getting into Indiana, we stopped for lunch at Cracker Barrel. It had been a few years since I had been there but I think we all really enjoyed it. Cora and Disa especially liked the rocking chairs outside.


Disa enjoying rocking in the big chair.
Cora found a chair just her size.

This set us back in getting to Indianapolis and we hit the city during Friday afternoon rush hour. After we got through the city, we stopped for a quick bathroom break and to get some gas then headed for the last leg to Cincinnati. After getting to Grandma Tiemeier's condo and getting things settled, Brian's dad went and got Skyline Chili for everyone. I really like Skyline Chili and it was a nice treat after such a long day in the car.


If anyone out there knows of someone with a lot of money wanting to open a restaurant, tell them they should open a Skyline in St. Louis. They will make a LOT of money.

No comments: