10 July 2008

Wednesday, July 9th - Herroon's New House and My Favorite Summer Indulgence

Today we visited our friends, the Herroons (Eric, Bridget and Faith) at their new house. They moved in on July 5th and we wanted to check things out. The house was beautiful and I am so excited for them. It is a two story and they already have things unpacked and are making it there own. Since they have been unpacking non-stop since the big things were moved, I brought some things for lunch and broke in the new kitchen. Everything worked great! They have a really nice gas fireplace that flips on with a switch and a hot tub in the back. With the current heat and humidity in St. Louis, I don't think the hot tub will get much use for the next couple of months but come September, I may need to "check in" to see how everything is going and make sure the hot tub is up to par. ;) I would have loved to take pictures but being camera-less makes that a bit difficult.


After the girls went to bed, I indulged in my favorite summer reality show. In general, I am not a fan of reality television but I LOVE "So You Think You Can Dance". I think a small part of me wishes that I was a really fabulous dancer and could be on the show. But I am not a really fabulous dancer so I will just continue to live vicariously through the dancers on the show. The show this week was really good and somewhat shocking as the judges didn't hold back and made some brutally harsh comments to some of the dancers. The ten dancers that make it through this week will get to go on tour. I have never seen the tour and this year they won't be in St. Louis. :( They will be in Kansas City and Chicago though (road trip anyone??). Below are some of the dancers with my thoughts.

This is Joshua and Katee. They do a great job every week especially considering that Joshua's specialty is hip hop and Katee's is contemporary. This week, they got to dance a "Ballywood" routine which was the first time that style was on the show. It was pretty neat. And to think, Katee almost didn't make it on the show!

This is probably my favorite couple (although next week, they start mixing up the couples). Chelsie is very sweet and a fantastic dancer. Mark is a bit of a surprise. He didn't really stand out until the past couple of weeks. He's started growing on me and I hope he makes it to the final four!

For those of you that are fans of the show, I am thinking that we will have a big party for the season finale. Let me know if you want to come!!

No comments: