Yesterday before lunch, I ran into my friend Gloria who was also at the conference. I mentioned to her that I had seen a Japanese fusion restaurant close by and wondered if she wanted to go. She was very interested and so we decided to go for lunch. The food was absolutely fantastic. We shared an appetizer of gyoza and then had a roll (I can't remember the name of it) that had sliced strawberries on top...simply delightful. I had a mango wok dish that was delicious and we both agreed that it was worth the money spent. So if you are ever in Chicago near Navy Pier, I strongly recommend that you visit Niu.

During our delightful lunch, I discovered that Gloria and her husband Ryan were going to Dark Knight that evening. I was tentatively planning on seeing it with Brian. The thought of having a break from the conference was enough for me to call Brian to see if he would mind if I went without him. He was gracious and agreed. I went with Gloria and Ryan to the 9:15pm show and it didn't get out until midnight! Maybe not the best idea with an 8am meeting but certainly no worse than when one of the girls is up in the middle of the night! I really enjoyed the movie but for those of you that have seen it, you will understand why I wish I would have waited to see with Brian.

Today, Brian and the girls just hung out at the house and played. One of the funny things that Brian caught with the camera was grandma sleep knitting.
No comments:
Post a Comment