17 July 2008

Wednesday, July 16th - Pals, Pediatrician, Packing and Power Outage

Today was a full day! We started with some packing. It is a bit overwhelming to try and figure out everything the girls might use and need in the span of 10 days much less find a way to pack it efficiently! I left all the laundry out from the day before which helped a bit. I got a good start on packing before my old grade school friend, Jessica Farmer, came over for lunch and play time with her four girls. All of the girls had a great time and her daughters were so sweet. We had so much fun in fact that I forgot to take pictures.



After they left, we headed to the pediatrician's office. Disa had been running a fever since the night before and although I would normally wait to go to the doctor, since we were leaving the next day, I thought it would be best to go. Thankfully, he didn't find anything wrong and the conclusion was that she just had a virus.

Dr. Kasper


We didn't make it home until 5pm so then it was time for dinner, a bit more packing and then bedtime for the girls. Brian and I were trying to finish up packing around 11pm and the power went out. Let me tell you, last minute packing by candle light and flashlight is pretty miserable. Sure candle light can be romantic but when searching for certain toiletry and have to look at every bottle in the closet, your thoughts are anything but romantic.....more grumble and complain and crabby attitude really. After an hour of fumbling around the house, the power came back on. However, with my long day, I was beat and saved the rest of my packing until morning. And of course, the last thought on my mind when the power was out was taking pictures of the experience. So to get the experience, you should just do a bit of self-learning. Turn all the lights off in your house and try to pack your toiletry bag. Fun.

No comments: